Below is a list of music education related job opportunities.
Jobs are posted for 60 days for a fee of $35. Please limit your post to 350 words.
To submit a listing and make payment arrangements for a job announcement on the calmusiced.com jobs page, Contact Trish Adams.
Concert Band Director 2016-17
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in north Seattle, Washington, is currently recruiting for a concert band director beginning in September 2016. This is a full-time, permanent position responsible for wind and percussion pedagogy in grades 6 through 12.
The Concert Band Director is a member of the Middle and Upper School Arts. Responsibilities include:
Requirements and Qualifications
The successful applicant will have a bachelor’s degree in music education; a master’s degree in music education or equivalent professional experience is preferred. Experience teaching beginning and intermediate band in a classroom environment is strongly preferred. All music educators who specialize in wind pedagogy are encouraged to apply regardless of their principal instrument. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional motivator of young musicians and have demonstrated success building outstanding wind ensembles and/or symphony orchestras. Candidates should have a minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience in an independent or public school. Familiarity with computers (PC/Windows platform and Microsoft Office) is essential. Candidates must successfully complete two criminal background checks.
Compensation and Benefits
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding faculty candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, economic and gender diversity of our school community. This position will be compensated based on education and years of experience per the Lakeside School salary scale. Substitutes are not eligible for benefits other than FICA, workers compensation insurance and a school-provided lunch.
For more information about Lakeside School visit our website at www.lakesideschool.org.
Apply online at www.lakesideschool.org
Title: Elementary Music Educator
Salary Schedule Range: Placement on the salary schedule commensurate with training and experience. Current Annual Salary Schedule at full time/185 day contract: $46,665.18-$68,474.40*. Annual stipends for a Master’s and Doctorate degrees.
Purpose of Position: To teach Elementary Music to students K-6.
• Develop a balanced program with appropriate activities designed to encourage pupils to develop good skills and attitudes.
• Establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior.
• Orff Schulwerk Specialist
• Proficient in Recorder and Recorder Literature for children
• Must be a highly qualified and competent teacher, who has the ability to teach woodwinds, brass, percussion, and strings.
• Must be able to direct band and orchestra programs for concerts, assemblies and parades.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Possession of a valid California Music credential and a Bilingual Cross Cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD or BCLAD) credential, or equivalent.
• Proof of NCLB (No Child Left Behind) subject matter competence.
• If not fully credentialed, candidate must be willing to enroll in credential program and have at least 18 units in the subject area to qualify for a short term staff permit; or must be enrolled in a credential program and be eligible for an internship credential.
The District reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
To be considered for the position, please visit http://bit.ly/1MTi5AJ to complete the application online. (You may also visit www.edjoin.org and type ‘Santa Barbara Unified School District Music’ in the search box to view the posting and link to the application.)
DEADLINE: January 3, 2016
Instrumental Music: "Band & Jazz" Teacher at Murrieta Valley High School (15/16)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply at www.edjoin.org by submitting an EdJoin application.
Requirements for Applying
Page 1 of 2